So Raied, are you volunteering to take this on as a project?? ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Hazami, Raied
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 6:43 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: To GUI or not to GUI? (was)RE: [Hardhats-members] How to
accessScreenMan

OK, the learning curve is a big issue with Scrolling Mode or even CHUI, but
the other crucial issue is the interface with other medical systems! Let me
give a good case study!

I have been asked to interface our HIS with a technology called LaserCard
(lasercard.com), LaserCard is basically like any normal card (Magnitic
strip, Smart Card), however, it is very robust to any kind of damaging -
electrostatic, solvents solutions, scratchs and even if a bullet hit it, it
will be still operatable, this is plus it can take up to 4MB of data which
gives the ability to save even a medical record with crucial data only! -
anyhow, I had to interface this with the HIS, so, when the card is inserted,
the HIS application should automatically pull the patient medical record,
this is using CCOW CM. So, ok lets apply this to OpenVistA, CPRS can do the
job since it is CCOW compaiable - This is only in the manuals and in the
videos, it may not be included in the OS version! - however, in Schdulaing,
Pharmacy, etc... BAD NEWS

I hope this will be taken in consideration in the future of OpenVistA!