-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kevin
Toppenberg
Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 6:02 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Hardhats-members] What is "DINUM'ed field?

Thanks everyone for your replies.

I went back in with fileman and tried to edit the file
that way, and got the same "can't edit" error when
trying to change .01 field in file 8989.3

I wonder why they set it up that way.

In Nancy's install script, she directs one to do the
sort of direct setting of the piece for the field you
mention.  I couldn't figure out why she was doing that
before....

But if installing a new system requires the field to
be changed, it seems that in the OpenVistA version, we
ought to remove the DINUM restriction from this one
field.  We're getting around the restriction anyway in
Nancy's install script.

Thanks
Kevin

--- Cameron Schlehuber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>