I cant imagine such a tool would be too difficult to write. The trick,
though, is that you'd want to be careful of circular chains of pointers
that could put a simple depth first traversal into an infinite loop.
Basically, I think you'd need something like the "mark and sweep"
algorithm used in garbage collection, where every time you visit a
file, you make a record of the fact so that if you ever find yourself
there again, you know to skip it.

--- steven mcphelan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is no FM tool of which I am aware.  So you would be looking for
> class III utility.  Since you already have dangling pointers, you
> cannot use
> the Fileman edit -@ syntax to delete the record since the pointed-to
> record
> is already gone.

=====
A practical man is a man who practices the errors of his forefathers.
--Benjamin Disraeli
====
Greg Woodhouse