Greg --

Not quite.  In GT.M globals and routines are configured completely
independently of each other.  If you have the chance, just download the
GT.M Acculturation CD (from http://sourceforge.net/projects/sanchez-gtm)
and go through it - it explains things much better than I could in a
short post to the mailing list.

-- Bhaskar