Hello,
On the recommendation of Nancy, I am sending this.

Problem:
a couple of CPRS windows would display "Retrieving in Background" and
would not ever retrieve.

Installation:
Linux
SemiViva 0.4

I followed the instructions in
http://www.hardhats.org/projects/VistA_Install/Vista_Install.html#Vista_Setup
from item 34
skipping 37,38,39

In the end the following worked

GTM> D STOP^ZTMKU
GTM> K ^%ZTSCH("MON"),^("STOP"),^("SUB")

(from the installation information in :
        OpenVistaâ On GT.M On LINUX
                Version 1.0 release 2.5
        Installation and Configuration Manual
)

Then when I started everything up it worked again.

I will later on try this on a clean install to see if this was in fact
the solution :)

Good Luck!
Manolis