Well, riddle me this...... and I just didn't fall off the turnip truck.

Several board members of WorldVista also have a commercial interest in the
success of VistA, along with a few outside commercial vendors who have the
dough to throw at this immense project.

How many code bases are there now?  FOIA, HUI, WorldVistA, OpenVistA?  From
where I sit Medsphere with it's hired talent and marketing power has a leg
up.

1.  WorldVista is the organization - OpenVista is the codebase. (T/F)
2.  What specific 'open source' license(s) are being considered for
'OpenVista'?
3.  What boundaries in the fine print of the GPL are of concern to the
WorldVista organization?

The boundaries that separate what's yours from what's ours would be similar to
genetically modified corn or cotton seeds being carried by natural or other
means from your field into my field.  I imagine the concept will have to be
similar to proprietary binary modules plugged into the Linux kernel, or
binary only distribution of commercial components.

Anyway you look at it, your's vs. our's does not foster broad community
support,  involvement and innovation.  Look to the Apache project, PHP and
the Linux kernel of models that have succeeded in this regard.

Like I have seen on a signature on Linux Today.... one must first understand
recursion to understand recursion.

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com