I think it has to do with decimal places.  "," are used for decimals in
Greece at least and "." denotes thousands.
I don't remember where the problem cropt (sp?) up.  But I had the same
problem....
I don't remember what I did either... sorry...
I think I changed the localization to accept . for a decimal place.
Also make sure he isn't using unicode :)

Manolis