May I suggest that you also rename the other-OS null DEVICE entries to eliminate ambiguity of the lookup name NULL.

Lloyd

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Goudie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardhats-members@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 01, 2005 11:55 AM
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] I cant seem to connect to the RPC Listener

I ran the config for the null device agian, and now the error on the
windows client is diffent but the error on vista is the same as
before.

Here is my config for the null device
Select DEVICE NAME: NULL
1 NULL NT SYSTEM //./nul
2 NULL GTM-UNIX-NULL Bit Bucket (GT.M-Unix) /dev/null
3 NULL-DSM Bit Bucket _NLA0:
CHOOSE 1-3: 2 GTM-UNIX-NULL Bit Bucket (GT.M-Unix) /dev/null
NAME: GTM-UNIX-NULL//
LOCATION OF TERMINAL: Bit Bucket (GT.M-Unix) Replace
Select MNEMONIC: NULL//
LOCAL SYNONYM:
$I: /dev/null//
VOLUME SET(CPU):
SIGN-ON/SYSTEM DEVICE: NO//
TYPE: TERMINAL// ^

The error on the client now reads
"Function was Connection Loss
Error = 0"

Im gonna re config all the devices and restart taskman and the rpc to
make sure thats not it.

Sorry for asking so many questions, this is my second day trying to
fix this and i dont really know what to do.  Thanks for all the help.

On 6/1/05, Greg Woodhouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Well, there you have it. You need to create a NULL device.

--- Mark Goudie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here is the output
>
> Which symbol? > ^L

> XWBERROR=No NULL device

A practical man is a man who practices the errors of his forefathers. --Benjamin Disraeli
====
Greg Woodhouse

- Mark Goudie