I don't know if I've ever encountered that problem (certainly not often). Anyway, KIDS asks you if logins should be inhibited, you don't have to say yes. When installing patches on a system where you are tho sole user, it's not that big an issue, but remember that the normal case is a live multi-user system. Generally, the patch documentation will warn you about special cases (like infrastructure patches, which can update critical files), but for most application modules, it's only important that no one try to use the option while it is being updated.

===

Gregory Woodhouse

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Design quality doesn't ensure success, but design failure can ensure failure."

--Kent Beck