I suspect your gtm_routines line in the environment variables has a syntax
error somewhere.  There have been times when I could not see the error for
the life of me and I commented out the original and retyped it from scratch -
no cut and paste, and it worked.  Try that.  Make sure you didn't change the
permissions on that file when you made the corrections to it.  You didn't do
it as root and change them or something like that.  The o directory won't
have that file in it until it is successfully found and used.