Taking a quick look at DHIS it appears to be a system for population health management at a regional level. From what I can tell VistA would best be used as a "feeder" system from the point of care eg. clinic, hospital etc. to DHIS.

By the way say hi to Calle...it's been quite some time since we connected.

Joseph Dal Molin

Simon Andresen wrote:
Hi.
Thanks for all the useful links and help. We really appreciate it.
The reason for our interest in VistA is because we're working on another project called DHIS: http://hips.ifi.uio.no:8080/confluence/display/DHIS2/Home. We're looking at adopting parts of other open source projects as part of our project. So our question really is; is VistA modular enough to enable other projects to use some of its modules? If you have any thoughts or opinions this matter, we would appreciate that also. Thanks for offering to discuss this with us on skype, but at the moment we're just doing a preliminary analysis of different systems we can possibly adopt parts of. However, if we choose to work with VistA, we might take you up on your offer. Thanks again. Kind Regards, Simon and JC