In addition to Nancy's excellent summary of what is available to help you Nuriel....there is also a "demo" version of VistA available that is pre-configured with sample anonymous patient data in it. If what you are doing is a simple comparison of functionality then I would recommend you use the demo version...either Nancy or I can help you get a copy.

Joseph

Nancy Anthracite wrote:
Nuriel, what you have is a system that is totally unconfigured and has to be set up from scratch. I am wondering if this is really what you want to do, as it is a major project to do it. If you are interested in seeing what the clincians interface is like, you can look at www.va.gov/vista and download the client software and take a look. If you are interested in configuring a system, here are some links to get started.

I would like to arrange a time to talk with you on Skype www.skype.com if you are interested so I can help you get started more easily.

http://openforum.worldvista.org/~forum  This will have most of what you need

http://www.WorldVistA.org/vvso  This will eventually have training information

http://www.WorldVistA.org will have information about meetings of WorldVistA that are open to all http://www.hardhat.org has a wealth of information especially about the infrastructure of VistA

There is additional information at http:\\www.geocities.com\lktop3\ about installation

The scratch install instructions for VistA on Cache and instructions for getting CPRS going are at http://www.hardhats.org/projects/PROJECTSmain.html
The VA has extensive documentation of VistA at http://www.va.gov/vdl

The FOIA and other software download site for the va is ftp.va.gov/vista

The Iowa Foundation for Medical Care is at www.ifmc.org and support a site about VistA-Office EHR http://www.vista-office.com/

Cache folks are at www.Intersystems.com
GT.M is at www.sourceforge.net search on GT.M  be sure to include the period

Many of the Vendors have banded together into the VistA Software Alliance at
www.vistasoftware.org