On 1/15/06, Joseph Dal Molin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ...perhaps the most strategic thing one could do to attract programmers
> is make it easy to work with VistA with other languages like Python etc.
> thus creating a much larger pool of programmers. The non gui components
> and platform portability of the client are key areas where non-M skills
> are key... by opening up development to a broader audience, motivation
> to learn M will follow!

And also, proper libraries that meet the full need of programmers.
(See my recent frustration regarding a missing full-featured search
API ability from fileman).  Where, also, are the file-selection
dialogs?  Etc. Etc.  There are many many things that I have come to
expect from my programming language--usually from libraries.  these
are missing from Fileman.