One way I have used to figure out what driver to use (I had problems with a D-link card on Mandrake) is to boot from a Knoppix live CD and look at what driver it loads....Knoppix does a very good job at detecting hardware. You can then add the driver you need. Mepis is another good distribution for detecting wifi cards.

Which cards are you using or if built in what model pc?

Joseph

Ernest Pieper wrote:
We are attempting to look at the some of the VistA/Open-VistA products available. To date we have had trouble getting our WiFi cards to work with Linux. Would anyone care to recommend an inexpensive laptop or desktop that comes preloaded with Linux?
Thank You,
Ernie Pieper
Pharmacist
Glenn Medical Center