--- "Bhaskar, KS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matt --
>
> The tracks are not hard and fast tracks, but rather rooms where
> people can hang out for discussions.  The tradition of the VistA
> Community Meetings has been to be completely unstructured, but this
> time we tried to add an element of structure.  We will almost
> certainly reconfigure the tracks at the actual meeting.  So fear not,
> and just show up!
>
> I look forward to meeting you.
>
> Regards
> -- Bhaskar

That's a common practice, at least among conferences I've attended.
Perhaps medical conferences are structured differenctly, but in the
computer industry it is common to define "tracks" to try and ensure
that there are sessions fitting into broad categories in each time
slot. The point is to increase the probability that each attendee will
have a session s/he wants to attend in each time slot, and at the same
time, minimize the degree to which people need to move between rooms.

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Metaphors be with you.