You need to be a litle careful, though. Do you run your own network?
You probably don't want mail meant to be internal to your network to be
routed out to your mail gateway. Do you use DNS? Also, some mail
servers get upset (or at least skeptical) when your IP address is part
of a private range used by something like a D-link router.

I guess the answer depends on how big your network is and what you're
trying to accomplish.

--- Nancy Anthracite <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Nancy,
>
> The answer is simple (Assuming that previous setup has been done).
>  After
> doing this all mail destined for the Internet will be routed through
> SMTP.ISPNAME.NET as long as the primary domain name (the one with a
> single
> label like "com" or "net" or "edu") is defined as a synonym to it.
>
> Courtesy of Lee Hirz:
>
> 1.  Set up a domain in the domain file that directs all mail through
> an SMTP
> mail transfer agent.  Often this is the ISP SMTP receiver.  At the VA
> we have
> a little different set up.  Say the name of this domain
> is "SMTP.ISPNAME.NET".
>
> 2.  Establish a synonym for each of the standard primary domains
> (com, net,
> edu...) in "SMTP.ISPNAME.NET".  See below for a FileMan Inquiry.
>
> NAME: SMTP.ISPNAME.NET                  FLAGS: S
>   DISABLE TURN COMMAND: YES             PHYSICAL LINK DEVICE: NULL
> DEVICE
> TRANSMISSION SCRIPT: TEMP               PRIORITY: 1
>   NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS: 4                 TYPE: TCP/IP Channel
>   PHYSICAL LINK / DEVICE: NULL
>    ===>  The NETWORK ADDRESS field could be the IP address instead of
> the
> domain name.
>   NETWORK ADDRESS (MAILMAN HOST): SMTP.ISPNAME.NET
>  TEXT:
>  O H=SMTP.ISPNAME.NET,P=TCP/IP-MAILMAN
>  C TCPCHAN-SOCKET25
> SYNONYM: FR
> SYNONYM: COM
> SYNONYM: EDU
> SYNONYM: NET
> SYNONYM: MIL
> etc...
>
> Regards,
> Lee Hirz
>

> On Wednesday 05 July 2006 00:54, Asif Tasleem wrote:
> Dear All
> My question is about MailMan configuration to send email messages to
> the
>  remote domains on the network. As far as email to local users is
> concerned,
>  it is working fine.
>
> When I send message using XMUSER menu, and gives the email address of
> some
>  remote domain like [EMAIL PROTECTED], the email is not
> delievered.
>
> What changes should I made to my configuration, so that I might be
> able to do
>  that.
>
> Regards
> M Asif Tasleem
> Kabot International
> Dallas TX

>  Next-gen email? Have it all with the  all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.
>
> --
> Nancy Anthracite

> security?
> job easier
> Geronimo

Gregory Woodhouse  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"Judge a man by his questions not his answers."
--Voltaire