OK, I'll bite.
EHR architecture,  A record architecture which helps to maintain the medical life history of an individual.  Such an architecture should be dynamic and flexible enough to adapt to the changeing scal and density of medical data and also provide easy interchange with other data repositories.  Adaptation is the key.  Standardization is the soul of that interchange, but is not held slavishly to only those standards.  It needs to be extensible, expansive, secure (as in private), and contain consistency checks to insure that the record is only changed by authorized individuals.

   How is that, Greg?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:48 AM
Subject: Re: [Hardhats-members] So what is an EHR architecture, anyway?

On Jul 29, 2006, at 11:19 AM, Gregory Woodhouse wrote:

Would anyone care to hazard a definition?

Oh, I forgot to add that negative definitions are worth a D. Don't tell me what it isn't, I want to know what it is.

Gregory Woodhouse

"Those who are enamored of practice
without theory are like a pilot who goes
into a ship without rudder or compass."
--Leonardo da Vinci (1452-1519)