found this
http://tinyurl.com/6xklg

explains it better than me and they offer a tool to clean up the odd bits
thanks

At 12:58 PM 4/11/2005, Mesdaq, Ali Poked the stick with:
Well from the way you wrote it, it looks like it might have used some
type of alternate data stream for your files. But that seems odd. Can
you better describe what your doing and where and how the error message
pops up.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of FORC5
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2005 12:53 PM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: [H] Kaspsersky ?

I did a trial on Kaspsersky AV but have since un installed it. Every
time I copy something from this drive on the network I get a message
that :kavichs:$data is attached and will not be copied. I know this is
some kind of sig Kaspsersky attached, remember other Av programs doing
this in the past.

Anyway to get rid of these attachments ? ( if that is the correct term )
thanks
fp

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)