what is it set to do in power management when the led is shut ?
>:-}
At 03:17 PM 5/7/2005, Neil Davidson Poked the stick with:
Anyone come across XP laptops not staying in standby or hibernate modes?

I have two here (personal and work) that just won't sleep. My work one
definitely used to, but now when you close the lid it goes to standby, but
just wakes up again within a few seconds. The same happens if you manually
tell it to standby or hibernate.

My personal one is a virgin install of XP Pro SP2 and updated using the
software update. Any ideas about patched that might have been installed that
would cause this? I've tried the MS KB and google, but both just come back
with USB fixes pre SP2 and not a lot else.

thanks

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)