figured that, maybe the ram is running synchronous with the cpu, I for one am confused about the way they handle FSB.
fp
luck

At 08:41 AM 5/10/2005, Chris Klein Poked the stick with:
Sorry, major typo.  I was looking at the wrong packing list.  It’s an Athlon 64 3000+ Winchester core

[EMAIL PROTECTED] [ mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of FORC5
Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:29 AM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] Confused with Ram

xp 3000 barton on a A8N-SLI ????????

fp
>:-}

At 05:29 AM 5/10/2005, Chris Klein Poked the stick with:

I have an Asus A8N-SLI deluxe board, and an Athlon XP 3000+ Barton.

I purchased Corsair Value Select ram, 2 512 meg sticks.  IT was supposed to
be DDR400/PC3200.

I ran some benchmarks on it lately because it didn't seem as fast as it
should be.  I went into the BIOS and it is only being detected as DDR266.
That's much slower than it should be, right?

I'm wondering if I was somehow sent the wrong ram and didn't notice, or if
my BIOS is detecting the wrong ram somehow.

If I need to buy new ram I will.  Should I also look for lower latency ram?
Will it make that much of an improvement?

Thanks,

Chris

--
Tallyho ! ]:8)