At 12:05 06/28/05, Thane Sherrington wrote:
I have a computer with a GeForce 5200 PCI card in it (an onboard i810 video) - when I run the NVidia drivers, it tells me that there is no NVidia hardware in the system. Anyone ever see this before?

I kept getting the same error message "no nvidia hardware" after I replaced a defective Asus GeForce FX5700 with an Asus GeForce FX5600 AGP card and tried to install the drivers.

I ended up deleting all Asus and Nvidia software (including the driver software in Win2k Add/Remove programs) and all video cards (including hidden ones) in Add/Remove Hardware. Then I had to use the drivers from a different Asus driver CDROM before I could get things sorted out. Not sure if this was a problem with the first nvidia driver set I tried or if it was a windows problem. I suspect that the error message was one of those cryptic ones written for one problem that resulted when another problem had a similar effect software wise.

Regards,
Bill