Yep.  Just do it once, call MS if you have to.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of FORC5
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 8:30 PM
To: The Hardware List
Subject: Re: [H] activation of XP questions

anyone of those alone could trigger re activation. mine did with just a
video card
>:-}

At 05:23 PM 9/10/2005, rls Poked the stick with:

Really don't want to have to go through the re-activation on XP - have new
CPU (but both are AMD 939 - one is just a bit faster though), Motherboard,
video card, and memory // with motherboard will also be new NIC.

So I could stage this install if it would help.

Before I start, would it help if I uninstalled the NIC before the swap?

Ok I can start with the new motherboard and use the old cpu, current cd/dvd
drives, same amt of memory amount ( I guess its not brand just amount will
install 1 stick of 1 gig not 2 @ 512) , obviously use the old hard drive.

According to my understanding of reactivation scheme -
to start with it will be new video
New nic,
IDE controller serial number

So my number is only 3 and I am thinking that my cpu change should only
account for 1 not 2 points that I might include that in the first iteration.

Then in the course of the week add the additional memory, swap a DVD-ram for
the cd writer and DVD player. I have seen no references that one has to wait
any predetermined amount of time between updates.

Am I missing something?  Any other suggestions?

Thanks
--
Tallyho ! ]:8)
Taglines below !