On Thu, October 13, 2005 1:58 pm, Brian Weeden wrote:
> Currently I do a lot of surfing away from home (12hr night shifts at
> work, girlfriends house).  I will be reading and come across a story or a
> link or something to download that I want to save.  Maybe it is a how-to
> article on AJAX or a bunch of free fonts.  Right now my solution is to
> save the link or copied text or whatever in a Gmail draft until I get
> around to actually bookmarking or downloading or printing whatever it was.
>

> Any ideas for a better solution?  Something where I can make notes as
> I am surfing along for things to go back to later and accessible from
> multiple machines?
>
> --
> Brian

If you have access to a PHP/MySQL server, there's an app called online
bookmarks that I use. You can easily create a bookmarklet that will add
the current page to its database(click on the link in your links folder
and up pops a window asking you in what folder, what title and any
description to give it)
http://www.frech.ch/online-bookmarks/

Otherwise something like digg.com or del.icio.us may work, though AFAIK
they're more social bookmarking sites -- anyone can see your bookmarks.

Jamie

--
Jamie Furtner [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that