At 22:10 12/15/05, FORC5 wrote:
in device manager set hard drive to
standard dual channel pci ide controller ( I am assuming not SATA )
I have a reg file to set boot back to default settings.
have yet to have a xp mb swap not boot. ( w2k yes but not xp )
should be on THG FTP

luck
the trick with the add on controller works to most of the time.
fred

Hi Fred

I have a computer booting off an Adaptec SCSI card (39160) and SCSI
hard drive (15K RPM Cheetah).

Do you think my Win2k will boot (and allow me to update other hardware)
if I upgrade motherboards (PIII board to P4 board, both with Intel chipsets)
but move the same SCSI card into the new motherboard?

Regards,
Bill