"Greg Sevart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are you saying I should spend tens of thousands to buy an inferior vehicle
> that I won't like?

No, of course not.  More later.

> That's asinine. I may have "pie in the sky" requirements
> before alternative energy cars are appealing to me, yes, but you have "pie
> in the sky" requirements about life itself.

I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear. You should drive what you want, but
the true cost of driving it should be carried by you. There is no cost
added to your need to drive a big fat V8 for the damage it does to the
planet. No matter how good it is, it pollutes more than smaller ones and
should be priced accordingly. No motor vehicle on the road is so priced.
No appliance, or any other "consumable" has the true planet view cost
reflected in it's price.

The debt will be paid by someone, and it's immoral to shove it off on the
future. That's the fact an already overcrowded planet needs to wake up
to and fast.

As for my pie in the sky requirements, is wanting non bleached paper on
the shelf next to the higher priced (to reflect the true environment cost)
bleached paper so out of line?

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers, I was torn by apologizing for singling
you out on that side of the divide, but I decided to apologize would
then really single you out. :(

Regards,
Al

-Ed Howdershelt (Author)