http://www.evdoinfo.com/Events/CTIA_2006/Novatel_USB_870_EVDO_Modem_20060407720/

               Harry

Ben Ruset wrote:
We have the same problem at my office. End user went out and bought an EVDO card from Verizon and can't use it in his work laptop because they have PCI-EX slots, and (as of a few weeks ago) nobody made PCI-EX EVDO slots.

They could always try one of these:

http://laughingsquid.com/2006/06/27/kyocera-kr1-mobile-ev-do-router/

Chris Reeves wrote:
Ok I have a client who bought some dell laptops. Instead of PCMCIa slots they have these notched pci-ex slots. So no go on regular pcmcia cards

Which normally who cares except they have sprint wireless PCMCIA cards they can't use :(

We've found some USB to PCMCIA adapters but everyone has them on backorder and want like $200 for them. Anyone have any better leads on a solution?

CW