Hi Duncan,

EDO dimms came in two versions, both 168Pin. You could have 3/3.3 volt, and 5 volt EDO dimms.

Finding EDO dimms over 64MB can be hard, and over 128 MB without being registered ECC (both must be supported by the chipset). Most chipsets of that time could only address 64mbit chips, which resulted in a 64MB 8 chip dimm or 128MB 16 chip dimm.

What chipset is on the board, and how many slots? Does it have both 72pin simm slots, and one or two dimm slots?

                     Harry

dhs wrote:

OK so I have a really old machine.  I'd like to think that it might be "PC66"
but now I'm not
so sure. It is EDO ram. NOT SDRAM.

Got some new DIMMS today, but they do not fit. They were/are SDRAM. At least they are based on where the notches in the DIMM(s) are. Have RMA needs and is in process (tomorrow).
They were EDO by chip specs, though.

Does anyone have pointers/links to when/what the JIDEC specs are for DIMMS? Looking for the spacing of the locating notches and/or socket specs for the 168-pin pwbas.

I've forgotten way too much. I apologize. Just want to get a very OLD dinosaur to run W2K/SP4 @512MB, which mpc.com tells me is possible.

I need to retire from this hobby...... One day maybe!
Thanks,
Duncan

This email scanned for Viruses and Spam by ZCloud.net