I have the T5900 and it seems to work well for us.
Sam

Jerry Jones wrote:
I know this is a bit off topic, but it is hardware.

Can anyone recommend a good set of two-way radios for family vacation type of uses? We have an old pair of Motorola FRS Talkabouts that we have got many years use from and they are wearing out. A few months ago I bought a new pair of Motorola SX700 FRS/GMRS talkabouts. They work ok but my wife really dislikes them. She thinks they are too complicated to use compared to the older talkabouts. Plus the range does not seem to be all that much better even when using the GMRS channels and higher wattage than the older .5 watt talkabouts. (I do know that the range the mfg's list on the packaging is way more than the realistic range.)

We mainly use them when we travel with my brother-in-law's family as a means to stay in contact between vehicles. Also use them when we visit theme parks and similar places. This year we are planning a big summer vacation in our fifth wheel from CA to the East Coast and I expect we will have many opportunities to use radios to keep track of the kids.

So I am looking to purchase some new radios. I have read good things about the Motorola T7200 but it appears to be discontinued and not available for purchase anywhere, even ebay. Was looking at the Midland GXT600 and thinking about trying them. I tried a pair of Cobra's a year ago and ended up returning them. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jerry