I would suggest resetting the cmos/bios to defaults as a start.

I've only seen the error on systems from HP that didn't have the tattoo applied
to the bios. My business often does sub-contract work for extended warranty
companies and when replacing motherboards in HP/Compaq systems we have to go
through a process of running a special application that tags the mainboard's
bios with information like the serial number, model number, etc. If a board
were replaced and system recovery was run before going through the tattoo
procedure you might encounter the code purple error. I think it stems from the
OEM copy of Windows XP that are catered made for HP when it comes to the
licensing/activation stuff.

What sort of restore did you do?

FORC5 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Anyone run into this after a restore ?

I'm pretty sure it is because of a HW change, just do not see where anything
has been changed.

Any pointers appreciated
fp

--