>From what I heard, the reason these caps are bulging & failing is that
their construction didn't really meet the temp spec.  The caps can be
heating up from two sources:  Ambient temps near them or having to
filter out large amounts of noise (60hz) off the power lines.  Since
you had to replace a lot of caps that were blown, I would assume that
it was a cascade effect where the remaining caps had to do extra duty
filtering.  In general, if the cap is spec'd at 6.3V, you don't want
to go to 16V because electrolytics work better if they are working at,
at least 75-80% of rated voltage.

My take is that you replace the bulging caps with the same values and
you should be fine.

Steve