Abit IP35 MB right out of the box refuses to post.  There's a display
on the board with post codes and this board would get up to 83, spin
fans up, then spin down fans going to 99, then recycle.  99 is power
off, 83 is Power Supply.  The Vcc lamp is also flashing on and off.

I try the usual suspects:  Clear CMOS, replace supply, break system
down to minimum, nothing changes the result.  On the Abit Forums they
talk about a 'Deep CMOS Clear', which consists of pulling the battery,
shorting the jumper and let it stay for a while, at least 30 minutes.

After this clear, everything is good.  Weird.  Apparently there are
quite a few IP35's doing this (per forum).  Why would they ship boards
that way?  It would seem to me that something they are doing in final
test is causing problems.....

Steve