DHSinclair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Well, no. Not in the version of Nero that
I am using.
At 22:26 12/19/2007 -0800, you wrote:
>In Nero there will be an option to create a cd from an Image

Nope, have not seen this. I have /make data cd/ or /make bootable cd/.

>as opposed to making a plain old "Data cd". I'm afraid you did the latter
>and this is a common mistake by folks who haven't really dealt with disc
>images before.

have made both. Neither has worked.

<snip>
Of course neither option worked because neither one is for creating a cd from a
disc image. Those two options are for creating a disc from scratch. When you
have an ISO you have a snapshot of a complete cd.

Nero Express is setup in a flow diagram and the option for creating a CD from
an image will be in the very first menu. The screen where it is asking if the
type of cd will be for data, audio, photos-video, etc. If you ventured into the
Data subcategory you've already goofed. An ISO file can contain data tracks,
audio tracks, or both. When burning an image, Nero is just going to copy the
sectors to disc and the result should be whatever it was meant to be.

If Nero came with your DVD Burner it will be an OEM version/license. Sometimes
those kinds of programs can be crippled but I'm pretty sure you can still burn
images.