I didn't think IRQ sharing was really an issue nowadays but I guess you are
using an older mainboard/chipset that this could be an problem. Did you
actually experience something negative or are you just uncomfortable with the
idea of the IRQs being shared??

Normally IRQ assignments on later systems, PII and higher, had a lot to do with
the particular PCI slot you placed a card in. It was often noted in the
mainboard manual which PCI slots were shared/common. Sometimes the BIOS will
let you manually assign a particular IRQ to certain PCI slot. I would not blame
the cards for the IRQ assignments and if anything I'd disable the onboard 1.1
USB as well as any legacy ports not being utilized such as the serial and
parallel ports.

I can't remember the last time I had to pay attention to IRQ values unless I
was dealing with a SCSI card or some early soundcards.

-Tharin Olsen

DHSinclair <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Tharin O.,
My order from FrontX arrived this morning. I now have the two rear USB m/b
ports cabled to a
5.25in front bay.

I also tried the Kuotech IO-P222 card to connect 2 of the built-in USB
ports of the Lian-Li case.
This did not work so well. The IO-P222 seems to grab an IRQ from each of
the m/b's PIRQ lines.
It ends up camped out sharing with the Video card and the NIC. Hmm.........
:(  And, no amount
of card shuffle seems to get the Kuotech to play nice.  Interesting test,
less than acceptable
results.  No harm, no foul!  2 more cards for the "pile!"
Best,