If these are reasonably high end printers, and they can put a dedicated computer next to each printer, you could use a pay for print system, like www.goprint.com to direct the jobs properly, etc.

                               Harry

j maccraw wrote:
So the FollowMe concept would be print to a central
network que but then have user authenticate at the local printer which would then pull the job down & print it? Had not thought of that!

Seems just as efficient (in this case) to use VBS to
query user for "what room#?" and set default printer to match. This could easily be modified to do the selecting and another script on the same site can
add all the printers needed.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/LogonScript_Printer_Bonus.htm

Robert Martin Jr. wrote:
Only way I can think to do this is using bluetooth
for proximity printing, like how the followme feature
works in asterisk and on misterhouse. I'm surprised
there isn't an available open source alternative for
this. (Google doesn't show much)
http://www.ringdale.com/FollowMe/

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ