Thane Sherrington wrote:
At 10:38 AM 05/02/2008, Anthony Q. Martin wrote:

Thane Sherrington wrote:
At 10:06 AM 05/02/2008, Anthony Q. Martin wrote:
You must have a hard time with normal conversations then...most people talk that way...when not making speeches....

No, Steve can be rather hard to listen to at times. And he is sometimes factually wrong and sometimes doesn't fix the errors.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion..but I submit that Steve wouldn't have made like ~130 podcasts on SN if he were that hard to listen to. Might it be that the subject matter can sometimes be hard to explain in a manner that can be made understandable to a general audience? And I hear him making corrections or clarifications all the time.

I listen to his podcasts, but they aren't the best, and he could be a better speaker (he has also not corrected some critical errors even after emailed about them - there are several other podcasts that have talked about this.) Numbers aren't any guarantee of quality - heck, Uwe Boll has made something like 20 movies, hasn't he? :)

I don't know who Uwe Boll is! :)

Once one gets used to Steve's style, he is engaging, and the podcasts are a good starting point for a people who want to learn.

I don't think one can hope to learn any kind of detailed info from his podcast unless one is already very close to that field. Some extra study will be required. Still, I think his podcasts are very good overall. Certainly better than listening to a top 40 station on the way to work!