I've got a column of 1700 or so altitudes, ranging from 250 km to 2000km.  I
would like to go through and filter out those that are closer than a certain
range, in this case those that are closer than 5 km.  So starting from 250
km, I would skip the next few numbers until I got one that was at least 255
km and keep it.  Then I would skip ahead until I found one at least 260 km,
and so forth through the whole set.

It's easy (but tedious) to do this manually and I was wondering if anyone
know if a filtering function in excel that could help me out.  It would not
be hard to write a simple C program to do this but its Friday and I don't
want to have to do that unless I really have to.

------
Brian