I know there is secondary PSU's being made to
supplement main PSU power to video
cards but don't know if it takes specially wired PSU's
to allow them to work in tandem.

 From a 12V rail standpoint I'd assume you'd want to
be feeding it from 2 separate
rails assuming 16A/rail so you don't tax one rail.
Looks like the Sapphire version
shipped with a molex splitter but again I'd be worried
about taxing a single rail.

Given the power requirements of a modern cards,
vendors should be more explicit
stating their power breakdown by bus & number of
rails. Seems hard to find, from what
I seen looking around, to find the total amps needed
never mind a breakdown of what's
being drawn from where.

Winterlight wrote:
> At 05:46 AM 3/23/2008, you wrote:
>> Both need to be connected.
>>
>> The min specs are 450w with 30a over two rails so
two molex connectors.

> OK thanks, I just want to test the card to make sure
it works OK. I have
> a bench  AGP PC here that has a 350 watt Enermax PS.
If I put this card
> in, and plugged it into a separate AT PS, ... it's
own PS, would that be
> a safe thing to do. I am not ready to install it for
real, but because I
> bought it used, I just want to make sure it is OK
before I stick it in
> the drawer. Thanks

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.