"Portal" was probably one of the best games I have ever played, certainly one of the top 5. I loved the puzzles and challenges, a very unique concept to FPS gaming. Not a shooter per se, but you have to shoot to find solutions. The last chapter was a blast and the end song was hilarious! A brilliant game, yes all 3 games in the Orange Box are 10/10. I wonder when Portal 2 is coming out?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Weeden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 6:29 AM
Subject: Re: [H] WWII First Person Shooter Suggestions

Second on the Orange Box. One of the best gaming values ever - 3 legitimate
10/10 games in 3 different genres for $50.

----
Brian

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 9:25 AM, maccrawj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For-Pay Online play is mostly the hallmark of MMO's not FPS unless you're
talking consoles which rape you anyway they can for revenue streams.

TF2 is very addictive & fun, also free to play. Yes you need 2 copies, 1
for each users Valve account. Best deal is to pickup OrangeBox for $35-40/ea
in a store rather than paying Valve's highway robbery prices to
direct-purchase via Steam, added benefit is Portal, HL2, HL2 EP1+2 all come
with it.

You just jump on a server & join a team!

James Maki wrote:
<snip>

 Thanks for the info on Team Fortress. I will check it out and also see
what
my daughter thinks of the idea. I take it we would have to purchase 2
copies
and install on 2 systems to play simultaneously. Also, can you just join a
random team?