Make sure UPNP is turned off on it.

Winterlight wrote:
I have a 8 port 10/100wired Linksys router that I am not using but would like to use as a plain switch.

I turned off DHCP on the router and ran a CAT5e from a standard port on my actual router to the number one port of this router(switch). I have nothing plugged into the WAN port of the router I want to use as a switch.

Zone alarm, which is installed on the members of the LAN immediately see the new router/switch as a new network. If they saw it as a plain switch, like the Dlink Switch I am currently using then they wouldn't identify it.

Is there a way I can make this router into a switch so as the software firewalls won't treat it as a router?