Well, for one, bandwidth would not be an issue.

2.  There is picture profiles (not entirely necessary)
3.  You can upload pics of computer builds or to show a pic of a windows
problem (for example) to get more input from people.
4.  Managing events (i.e. a Houston Area Hardware Group meet can be much
easier)
5.  Accessing a FB group is as easy as having internet access (some people
on this list still use POP3 sans webmail access)
6.  Visibility (This is a great group and why not have more people join up
and participate)
7.  Get with the times.  (I know old habits (albiet a good one) are hard to
break, but this is the future baby)
8.  Sharing Youtube videos of say computer reviews is a piece of cake and
easily visible from FB (embedded videos)
9.  Sharing Links (all the sites have "link to FB" now.

So on and so on.

Anyway,

I've created a group called The Hardware Group [H].  Feel free to Join up.
I will relinquish admin privliges when required.

--
Best Regards,

Zulfiqar Naushad