From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sam Franc
Sent: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:13 AM
To: hardware@hardwaregroup.com
Subject: Re: [H] Trojan??

Brian,
I have been running an AVG scan and it has found several places for the
"Trojan Horse Agent_r.CX" in Zone Alarm setup files on my desktop.
Zls setup_70_484_000
          70_337_000
          70_483_000
          70_462_000
If I put those files in recycle bin and empty it will that get rid of them?
Sam

Brian Weeden wrote:
Could be a few different things going on.  Might have been a false positive
and you might have killed something necessary for your internet connection
to work.  But it might have also been a real trojan.  Sometimes they insert
themselves pretty deeply in system processes and removing them breaks the
links that allows things like the network stack to work.

Try rebooting, see if that helps.  Also try safe mode.  But don't get your
hopes up.

Brian Weeden
Technical Consultant
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundtion.org>