That's my understanding but it also involves disk interfaces.  I think for
hot swap features, not sure.

I've gotten bitten by this twice.  The most interesting was when I enabled
ACPI not thinking and when I rebooted window's wouldn't boot (can't remember
if it was a BSOD or a "no boot device found").  So I went back in to the
BIOS and disabled ACPI but window's still refused to boot.  Had to
re-install.

------
Brian