-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of DHSinclair
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:49 PM
To: Hardware Group
Subject: [H] Video Card question(s)

Are there still PCI and AGP video cards available that can image the newer
wide-screen panels at their native resolutions?

I do know that most PCI-e video cards do, but I have a need for a card that
is either AGP or PCI.  The current video card is an old Asus nVidia-based
card (1st/2d generation).  It is an {Asus V6800 Pure GeForce 256 DDR} in
AGP format.  It has been driving a GEM (scansport) 150A 15" VGA panel for
the last 3 years.  The panel is dying. It now has full width grey bars
wherever text is displayed.  Sis has lived with this anomaly for 18

My Sister has ordered a Dell SE178WFP. The native res is 1440x900.  Her
current video card (according to what winXP says) seems to top at
1024x768.  I do suspect somebody in the family has been dicking around and
killed the card's driver. I am the Uncle, so I can not say anything!  I did
supply all the innards of my Sister's machine (the best of my boneyard!).

Due to economic constraints, a current-tech modern video card is not
possible because the current m/b (Abit KG7) is limited to PCI and AGP only.

Is this possible?  If so, we have found a Christmas gift for my Sister!
Thank you,