I've got a brand-new Lenovo X200 tablet that I absolutely love, but the one
feature I haven't played with yet is the built in cell modem.  It came with
a 1 month AT&T subscription which doesn't do me any good since I live in
Canada.  I don't plan on using a subscription, but what I would love is for
the ability to pop in pre-paid SIMs when I'm traveling to get data access.
I was in Vienna last month and you can get a SIM with 3 GB of data access
for 20 euros, which isn't too bad when you are traveling and need internet
access.

So has anyone tried this?  Are the cell chips in these laptops locked or
anything?  Where do I get the software to try and connect and use something?

Brian Weeden
Technical Consultant
Secure World Foundation <http://www.secureworldfoundtion.org>
+1 (514) 466-2756 Canada