Brian Weeden
Technical Advisor
Secure World Foundation

On 2009-09-16, at 5:21 PM, "Mesdaq, Ali" <ames...@websense.com> wrote:

Yeah I agree with you on that and that’s why I haven’t really upgraded my phone for so long. Now that the iphone has set such a hi gh standard I require the phone to be as user friendly as the iphone and hardware as good. My basic requirements are
- UI as good as iphone
- hardware as good or better than iphone
- no limitations or little limitations on what I can do on the phone

If iphone was a little more open in that regard there would be no phone that can compare.

AT&T has kinda been screwed by the iphone because users are demanding bandwidth but not willing to pay for it. So its been kind of a double edged sword for them. But lets make a clear distinction between AT&T mandated controls and Apple controls. Apple wants to control your life and I just want a phone that can do a bunch of things.

Thanks,
Ali Mesdaq (CISSP, GIAC-GREM)
Sr. Security Researcher
Websense Security Labs