From what I saw the PC doesn't need to be running. We have AT&Ts UVerse
which is on 24/7. I have a base station with three cordless satellite phones, hopefully it will work with these.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Winterlight" <winterli...@winterlight.org>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 10:25
Subject: Re: [H] Internet Telephone Services - Ooma etc

I have a Magic Jack account and yes, it is what they claim it to be. I have all you describe, and more, but for a single phone. NOTE >>You can not split the signal into multiple phones like a land line, but you can run a single base station with a bunch of cordless phones. I am running it from a old Thinkpad T23 running XP PRO that I also run security cameras on. Of course, if your internet connection is down, or your PC is not running neither is the phone. With Magic Jack I can move it to whatever PC I want, it creates two virtual CD drives and runs from that. I like it so much I paid 60 bucks for a five year subscription.