Thanks for all the answers. (Same as I would have said if someone had asked me.) <grin>

I got away from even letting Windows auto-transfer the files for me.
I manage numbering in the camera, and it is set up to
avoid "collisions" of the numbers.
They just increment up forever as set in the camera(S).

Not "ALL" cheap card readers are "bad". But 4 out of 4 I got
recently were. Two were USB2 and just slow. The others
corrupted the pictures, but only sometimes. (YMMV)

Rick Glazier

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Tomporowski"

In general I don't install any printer company or camera company's software.