At 02:16 PM 1/13/2010, Lubomír ÄOabla wrote:
Yes, it is known as Media Direct HPA (Host Protected Area)

see http://www.hdat2.com/hdat2_faq.html#q15

You're a genius! That worked perfectly. I used the Hitachi software to set the size of the drive correctly, and recopied just the Windows partition with Ghost 2003 (Acronis isn't bright enough, as far as I can tell, to copy partition to partition, it wants to do the whole drive or nothing.) That worked perfectly. Thanks a lot for your help!

Thane

To do partition copies directly (drive to drive), (a single of multi)
you need to use "the Other" Acronis.
Disk Director Suite.(10) It is MUCH more of a partition manipulating
program, and at a much different level. (IE: It has a "disk-editor" too.)
(A new version is overdue, so you might want to hold off.)

You could have done it with Acronis TrueImage, but
you would have had to handle it like a partition backup then restore.
(Not direct.) True Image is for back-ups and/or full clones.

Hope this helps.

Rick Glazier