yep.. from what I looked at, the i7-860 is the one to get. Like the 5850 graphics card, the i7-860 hits the higher end sweet spot for price/performance.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Tomporowski" <didym...@gmail.com>
To: <hardware@hardwaregroup.com>
Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 16:48
Subject: Re: [H] i5-750 vs i7-920

Gee, James, thanks for muddying the water some more! ;-)

Actually I hadn't considered it and, from the benchmarks I just went to look at, I believe you're correct. For the most part it is faster than either the i7-920 and the i5-750, didn't check price but did notice that it also runs cooler than the 920.

Thanks much....Steve