On 5/9/10 9:59 PM, Bryan Seitz wrote:
> The airport extreme is actually very nice, esp for the price.
> A lot of N routers/APs don't even give you Gig ports.  Why
> bother if the Wifi can do 300Mbit and the wired is only 100.

Simple, most N routers are not dual frequency, thus only 150Mbit, and
that is the wireless data rate, not the actual data rate.

150Mbit wireless can easily fit on a 100Mbit wired pipe.

Does not mean I don't prefer to have a Gig switch in the router, but
100Mbit won't be your bottle neck in most 802.11n networks.

As far as routers go, if it runs dd-wrt, I am interested in it,
otherwise, I am not.

                                    Harry